Saturday, March 15, 2014

Visit to Christchurch city

I am catching the coaster train from Christchurch to Blenheim. I decided to stay in the city in one of the hotels that has just been rebuilt. I spent the day walking around the city which I have visited many times before.  It's pretty much unrecognisable in most parts. There are still many buildings abandoned and waiting to be demolished. The cathedral would make you cry. It's slowly falling down before your eyes. They have made a temporary shopping district out of shipping containers. It's very cool. At the start of the day I was very sad, but by the end I was used to it like everyone else. 
An empty chair for everyone who died in the quake
Cardboard church
Private memorial to a loved one
Shipping container mall


No comments:

Post a Comment