Friday, March 7, 2014

Day 11 - 117kms - the otago rail trail


Wayne and I kicked its arse. We got away from middlemarch a little early as I didn't have to pack up a wet tent. It rained a fair bit over night so the trail which is dirt for all 150kms was a bit sticky. The guides say allow 3 days, so I planned an overnight at ranfurley which is 60kms up the line. The trail was rough in parts on the touring bike so I just took my time. The viaducts and tunnels were amazing. It was a lovely ride to my planned days end. However it was only miday. The next place to camp was another 60ks. I thought what the hell lets go for it. By the 100k mark I was battling. Sore feet and back from standing up on the rough all day. The last 20k had great tunnels and bridges. Rolled into town at 4.30. 6-1/2 hours riding time. Spent $25 and got myself a cabin again. Sweet




Mike finish. Happy mikey

No comments:

Post a Comment