Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Day 14 -89kms - omarama to lake tekapo

89kms, 5hours, rain a bit, hot a bit

I got away nice and early to try and get some good miles in before it got too hot. I was still a bit doey from the big day yesterday. It rained lightly , enough for the raincoat for the first couple of hours. I passed the turnoff for mt cook and headed for lake pukaki. I had a break at the lake and along with everyone else there I waited for mt cook to emerge from the fog and cloud. It didn't. Eventually I moved on. The road to lake tekapo looked flat but in fact it climbed all the way to 700+ Metres. I was well over it by the time the lake emerged. I got a lovely camp spot by the lake. Unfortunately a power outage for the whole town meant the hot springs were closed for the day. I was devo. I walked to the lake and went for a swim. It was a bit colder than the hot springs. Glacier fed. COLD. But it made me feel great. I spent the arvo laying on the grass above the lake and watched the sunset. It was lovely. 
Take a breath

Sunrise

No comments:

Post a Comment