Sunday, March 9, 2014

Day 13 - 110kms -Cromwell to omarama

I get up at seven to get an early jump at what I knew would be a very tough day. I met another German cyclist in camp heading the same way. 
The first 75kms climbed steadily and finally visciously for the last 15k from 230m to lindis pass at 965m. It took 4 hours of climbing to reach the summit. The end was soul destroying. I felt vomity sick and light headed at the time. A first for me on tour. It was 27deg at the summit. My German friend beat me to the top which was a bit soul destroying. In my defence he is less than half my age. The next 35ks was a gradual fall to omarama but thanks to the afternoon headwind it turned into a slug fest. I rolled into town at around 3. And shouted myself a cabin with real sheets and a pillow. I layed in the feotal position on the grass for a couple of hours. I think I'm getting to old for this. 
Morning over lake dunstan. ( you remember this lake Steve. My Pisa in background. We rode up it 2000m+)
Cool shit somebody made
The summit - view not worth ride
My cabin
My neighbor in his beddy
Panorama of lake dunstan

No comments:

Post a Comment