Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Day 7 - 81kms - invercargle to Curio bay

The rain stopped but the wind remained. The temp topped out at a balmy 11 deg. I had on every stitch of cycle clothing I could. Including my raincoat. For the first 60 odd k's it was a head cross wind but it kindly moved behind me for the last part of the day. The last 25ks was dirt and it was pretty tricky going. Wayne and I just took our time to avoid incident. We were very relieved to reach curio. It was exactly the same as my last visit 10 years ago. We found as sheltered a spot as possible. It was still so blowy that I cooked in the tent. The new tent is awesome. About 5 deg warmer. Wayne stayed outside
I was tucked up in bed well before dark. Watched sons of anarchy. Nice. 
Wayne hits the dirt. It doesn't bother him. 
The sea was angry that day my friends. No sign of hectors dolphins

No comments:

Post a Comment