Thursday, September 1, 2016

Day 18- off to silverstone

After our night at Downton Abbey we headed for the bike shop at silverstone who are going to repair Gertie. On the way we stopped for a break at a roadside joint and a guy approached me and commented on my Guzzi V8 T shirt. He said my uncle rode one for the factory but you wouldn't know who he was. His name was dickie dale. I said of course I know who he was. I made his day. We chatted for a while about the V8's. Later in the arvo we made it to drop off Gertie 

I'm sure she will be well looked after by Tracey at Forza Italia. We then found a good bike shop and purchased new helmets and Comms. £800 later we are set again. 
We travelled to our new home for 5 days during MotoGP. What a find


After dinner we walked through the village. It's a post card everywhere you look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment