Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Big day in the field


After a huge first day yesterday we were all a bit doey this morning, however we headed off at 8 am to explore the dome. We had another monster day and covered a lot if ground on foot. Ashlie and Martin continue to gain a better understanding of the area and today made s very significant discovery that caused great excitement. It was a little beyond my understanding but I still got caught up in it s bit. The highlight of my day was finding an aboriginal hand tool.  We also saw a very fat and happy dingo wandering about. The low point for me was falling on a spinafex bush and copping a hand full of spines. I also have blistered feet from the hard terrain and difficult walking conditions. 

The country is hard but beautiful 
Geos at work
Hand axe
Wild flowers 

Bloody spinafex


No comments:

Post a Comment