Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 6 - The sun came out

59.89 miles, 5 hrs 27 mins,
We had a great ride today. Despite it pissing down rain just as we were getting out of bed. The day started out cold as we climbed over some high forest country for about twenty miles. Then we descended into a beautiful seaside town called Bandon. After an hour in the coffee shop and two double shots each we were ready to carry on riding. Last time I rode through Bandon I declared it the nicest seaside town on the Oregon coast. Lisa now agrees with me. We could live there if it wasn't so friggin cold. After Bandon we headed inland for a while and the temp got up to 15 degrees. I thought it was perfect riding weather. Lisa was unconvinced. Lisa spent the last hour of the day in the room of mirrors taking a long hard look at herself. We made it into a beautiful campsite around 4.30. And we cooked a great curry and had a fire. Tomorrow we head to brookings where we will stay in a motel and clean ourselves up a bit. Bikes also need attention. Oh, had my first puncture today. I am having an absolute ball. Lisa is cold. If it doesn't start warming up soon I'm in deep doodoo

Regards

Mike from iPhone

1 comment:

  1. According to my "Cruising the Pacific Coast" Bandon is also the cranberry capital of the West Coast - hope you had some cranberry muffins

    ReplyDelete