Friday, February 28, 2014

Day 4 - 117kms - Manapouri to Colac bay

117 kms, killer headwind

I didn't set out to do 117 ks but it was blowing so hard when I got to my stop point that I had to keep motoring. Long day at more than 6 hours on the
Bike. I did make a new friend which was a highlight of the day. I was stopped on the roadside putting on more clothes when he came the other way. He came over for a chat and we were still there 45mins later. He is a professor from Christchurch uni and he has taken time off to ride from bottom to top. 

Lake manopouri looking towards doubtful sound. 
Back up to the snow
Lunch by s beautiful old suspension bridge. 
This land supports 6 sheep to the acre. Unbeleivable
Only 50kms to lands end at bluff
Opted for a cabin as it was blowing and raining. See the spare tyre on the back. Colin kindly lent it to me as mine is failing. Will fit it tonight I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment