Monday, March 18, 2013

New Zealand Ride Day 2

Day 2 - 3.35 hrs ride time, 131kms, 4700m climbing

We were on top of the world. It was bloody cold. Everything was frozen. It was bloody cold. Did I say that already?

What a great days riding. Incredible and challenging riding and spectacular scenery. The only problem is that if you take your eyes off the track even for a second your in big trouble. We took a lot more time today to stop and take it all in. The country is magnificent.

There were lots of off's today, from just about everybody. Steve and I were lucky enough to stay upright. The riding is incredibly challenging.

The group is fantastic. Some of the riders are unbelievable. I'm actually the 2nd slowest rider in the group. I'm struggling with confidence in the tricky conditions. Riding ruts is scaring the crap out of me. Steve is going much better and is definitely starting to come to terms with the bike. The blokes who brought there own bikes are at a great advantage.

We are seeing parts of the country that we could never get access to if you weren't in a tour like this. As much as I hate organised tours I can see the benefit in this case.

I will post some photos tonight. I have lots of video but Internet is dodgy so I might not get much up this week.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment