Friday, October 30, 2009

Moto Guzzi at Oran Park

I took the MGS-01 to Oran Park raceway last weekend for its first race meeting. Private practice on the saturday was a blast. I finished out a set of Bridgestone slicks that had been on for 2 half track days. As they went off, the bike started to move around a fair bit. It was good to get the feel of how slicks let go. It was much more rideable than I thought it would be. In the arvo I put a new set of slicks on for race day and went out for a session to scrub them in.
 
Sunday was race day and I dont mind revealing that I had a few butterflies. There was a 4 lap qualifying session. Hardly enough time to get the tyres warm let alone set a good time. I got 1 clear lap right on the last lap and managed to qualify 6th. I was pretty happy with that as there were 35 bikes in the BEARS ( British European American Racing) class. I got a 1 minute 20 sec's which is an OK time for the conditions.
 
Come race time the rain started coming down. as I was running slicks I decided to sit the first race out and see what happened with the weather. It just got wetter, and there was a fair bit of carnage in the bears field. I packed up and went home.
 
Even though I didnt get to race, it was good to test the bike against the guys I will be racing next year. I think it is going to be pretty compeditive.

--
Mikey from Gmail

No comments:

Post a Comment