Friday, May 15, 2009

Wayne and conni

Sad to see the bikes go off to bed for the trip to Paris. They have
been good companions on our jouney and have served us well both as a
workhorse and a fun thing to ride. When we rode them through the port
town of millazzo to get from the ferry it was a great feeling to be
back on them. Lisa understands now how attached you get to them and
how much personality they seem to develope as you journey with them.
We just checked them through on the airport baggage conveyor and lisa
stood there and whatched them go like we were saying goodbye to
freinds. Who know, as we are in italy that we may never see them
again. As usual we were ripped off. I went to the ticket counter and
enquired about taking the bikes on the plane she said no problema and
told me the complicated proceedure to follow to get them checked. She
told me it would be 40 euros to take the bikes and that I would have
to come back to her to pay at the end of the goat f$&k she sent me on.
I completed the tasks and on my return to her for final payment the
price had gone to 96 euros. Thrieving bastards got me again. But what
do you do? I just had another valium and cruised onto the plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment